Monday, May 21, 2012

Courtyard Restaurant - Ottawa

Overall
Food
Service
Atmosphere
Cleanliness
















Price:  $$$$$ 45-55 per person and more    Would I go Back: Yes    
Fine Dining    Reservations: Recommended

Located in the Byward Market, I would highly recommend this restaurant but beware that it's quite pricey. They have a changing menu according to the season. I went during summer and ordered a cold melon soup with a crab salad in the middle, a duck trio for the main and a desset that had many different things (I don't remember what it was called, sorry!). 


It has a quaint historical feel it. The servers are knowledgable and nice. Only thing to complain about is that we were seated in a smaller room and everyone can listen in on your conversations.


The food was a delight. When my soup arrived I wasn't sure about it as the crab salad was in the middle of my soup. It turned out to be a very wonderful combination of flavours that I did not expect. The duck main dish was very good. The duck breast was cooked to perfection and the three different ways of cooking the duck was very yummy. 


Although I thought it was pricey but it was worth the food I got.




No comments:

Post a Comment